Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Whew! I can't believe that I am already half way through my first week of student teaching!  The three days in the classroom have FLOWN by. I am surrounded by so many encouraging people at my placement. It amazing to see how God provides!

My favorite (and most different) thing about the classroom is the view.  When I look out my window at school I see mountains and palm trees! My cooperating teacher has been doing a wonderful job at getting me involved from the start.  We are in the planning stages of what I will be teaching and when but we have decided on the unit that I will be writing and teaching--Solids, Liquids and Gases! I am eager to begin planning and excited that my unit will be taught to real students.  It's no longer a paper to turn into a professor for a grade--I will be planning this for 18 students that I see on a daily basis!

I am excited to see what the next few days hold.  I will be observing in other classrooms to get a bigger picture of where the students have been and where they will be going to frame my thinking as I teach.

I will keep you posted as I begin to plan and teach more!

No comments:

Post a Comment